Tuesday 25 February 2020

Tuesday, February 25th

Pink Shirt Day is tomorrow!
Here's the story of Pink Shirt Day:

  • one day a boy wore a pink shirt and he got bullied (Rana)
  • these two guys heard about it and tried to help (Avery)
  • they wore pink shirts and emailed everyone they knew (Sofia and Anna)
  • 50+ kids were wearing pink shirts to show that they care and that we should support people and make bullying stop (Sawyer and Zaeem)

Here are some links to videos we've been exploring: one, two, three, four

The difference between a bystander and an upstander is that a bystander is someone standing by and sees bullying happening and they don't know what to do, and an upstander knows what to do and they stick up for them (Stone)

1) Be a buddy - shows the bully that the guy he's picking on has a friend (Jaxon)
2) Interrupt - gives the person a chance to get away and gives the bully the chance to have something else to do (Sofia & Sawyer)
3) Speak out - shows that meanness is not welcome, and gets other people to look (Aaron)
4) Tell an adult - this is not tattling because you're trying to keep someone safe, not get someone in trouble (Rana)

Remember "NED":
N - never give up on helping your school be safe
E - encourage others to be upstanders too
D - do your best with all of the ways to be an upstander

Family Movie Night - March 5th! Forms came home today... first come first served, so bring them back ASAP!

Disconnect Challenge Update
When I went back on technology after being off for a week:
  • my eyes hurt a little bit more (Alivia, Anna) and I got dizzy (Aaron)
  • I felt crankier because when I was watching my screen I got cranky and when I wasn't, I actually played with my brother and we both weren't fighting (Avery)
  • I was kind of mad too, because I thought, "Why did I not try this before?" (Zaeem)
  • for one day, I logged off of Roblox, there was a major update and it felt weird (Chase)
  • everything felt weird because I haven't played in a while (Jaxon)
  • I got to go to Flying Squirrel instead of watching my screen (Evelyn)
  • when I had no technology, I played with my LEGO and I remembered how much fun it is to build new things (Bria)


No comments:

Post a Comment